Pre and Post Natal Exercise & Services
We offer personal training for new mums and mums-to-be, APPI ante and post natal Pilates, pregnancy massage and Bump+Barre classes. Baby and mummy classes are coming soon!
All of our instructors hold the appropriate qualifications and insurance.
Pregnancy massage can help ease back pain, swollen legs and fatigue.
The benefits of pregnancy massage include:
- A reduction in discomfort through muscle spasm, cramp, tension and back ache.
- Stimulate soft tissue to reduce swelling, often seen as swollen ankles in pregnancy and disperse fluid retention.
- Boost energy levels and relieve fatigue
- Promote relaxation and reduce stress
- Ease digestive problems
- Improve circulation and enhance blood flow to the womb
- Encourage a healthy and strong internal environment for the baby to grow in
- Promote homeostasis or balance when bodily systems are working harmoniously
- Sciatic pain
- Pregnancy massage can also help improve quality of sleep and provide relief from headaches
Ante and Post natal Personal Training
SWEAT GM and personal trainer Lily Holloway is fully qualified in pre and post natal exercise through Active IQ. Lily's expertise with training methods including Barre and TRX will lead to fun and effective sessions through each trimester.
Ante and Post Natal Pilates
Under expert guidance, Lexie will help you perform safe and effective workouts through each trimester and can help you to build new pre-natal programmes as well as enhancing those already in progress. Lexie is qualified in Ante and Post Natal Pilates through the APPI.
Exercising through Pregnancy....Did you know:
- Women that exercise throughout their pregnancy, are more likely to experience shorter and easier labours
- Regular exercise throughout pregnancy will help you get back into shape quicker after childbirth
- Exercising releases natural endorphins that decrease stress and anxiety and boost energy levels (which are depleted during pregnancy)
- Even if you haven’t exercised before you fall pregnant, there is still time to start. Once you have been cleared to exercise by your Doctor you can start gentle exercise and maintain your fitness throughout your pregnancy. It is recommended that you do not start any new exercise if you are 29+ weeks pregnant.
During pregnancy, the tissues that hold your abdominals together expand and separate to make room for the baby. If they stretch too far this can result in Diastasis Recti. This is very common for women who have had children and is nothing to worry about. However it is important that it is diagnosed and treated to help bring the abdominal wall back together, strengthen the core and prevent further injury. Our Pre and Post Natal qualified trainers will be able to help you discover whether you have a Diastasis Recti and teach you how you can fix it and what to avoid doing until you have.
How can I stay active during my pregnancy?
There are many ways to stay active during your pregnancy here at SWEAT Southsea. We have a team of qualified professionals who specialise in Pre and Post Natal Exercise, so can work with you on a 1-1 basis and help keep you safe and fit throughout your pregnancy. There are also group classes you can attend throughout your pregnancy. At Sweat, we pride ourselves on catering for all kinds of needs, whether you are training 1-1 or attending group classes, so are always able to adapt classes to suit specific needs.